Tuesday, April 22

Silver Surfer

Darn it!  I am sick again! *cough *cough, excuse me.  I can feel a fever beginning to spread all over my body.  I know what it is, no need for a diagnosis.  It's another upper respiratory infection.  I used to get them much more frequently than I do now, I forgot how miserable it makes me feel.  So now that I am sure that I am sick and not just feeling run down, I have a choice to make, doctor, or no doctor?  My mother doesn't go to the doctor, she believes she can will her body to cure any infection or disease, interesting huh?  She also believes that dietary supplements work better than prescription medications.  I am willing to try just about anything to get to feeling better, but I don't have enough will power to get up before noon, let alone cure my ailments.  So for me the choices are supplements, or pharmaceuticals.  My mother has always pushed colloidal silver on me as a miracle cure for everything, and I have reluctantly tried it, but never kept up with it as directed.  But when the fever started setting in a few hours ago, and I had no cold medicine around,  I got out my spray bottle of silver, and coated my nose and throat.  Sitting and staring of into space for a moment, as you do when you feel pretty ill, I suddenly thought I would investigate my moms claims of this miracle spray silver.  To the Wiki I go!  HOLY CRAP!!!!!!  Ingesting silver into your body can cause a rare disease called Argyria.  Guess how you find out if you have argyria?  Your skin will permanently, that's right I said permanently, turn grayish-blue!  I know, you are thinking, "No way!", well, YES WAY!  Look at what happened to these poor people.




I'm throwing away this bottle of colloidal silver and calling my doctor first thing in the morning for some good old fashioned antibiotics!

1 comment:

BitterGreen said...

and you told me it was a miracle .....
hahaha i think i might like being blue tho.....
cheaper than a tattoo...lol
xo feel better hun...
ps i saw that you called and i should call you back and soon i will!
xoxoxoxoxoxox~